Newton South High School
140 Brandeis Road, Newton, MA 02459
Beantown VBC is proud to announce our Annual Defensive Clinic is taking place in December at Newton South High School. This is an opportunity for boys and girls to develop and refine their skills before the beginning of their club volleyball seasons. The clinic will include sessions that focus on refining skill progressions, extension of tasks, technique, tactics, strategy, dynamic functional training, nutrition, and sport specific training.
Coaching Education Model implemented to include the following "best practice" curriculum-based principles:
Defensive Cues Identify:
· Location on Court
· Live Back Row
· Location of pass – where the offense is set up
· Release Point
· Net Location
· Offensive System
· Behaviors – tendencies –favorite shots
· Line of Approach
· Outside shadow of effective block –close/seal/penetrate/turned inside of court
· Position on court with best success of a touch – Base 1 or Base 2
· Camp out on heavy hitters - body relaxed moving forward
· Weight on balls of feet– butt down
· Drive to floor
· Move parallel to net –see opponent in transition
· Ball up – in court –touch everything
Participants will receive this training from top-rated coaches, including Peter Suxho, who played and coached internationally with the men’s national team of Albania as well as in the Mediterranean games and currently is the head coach for Beantown’s Boys 18 Black travel team, with teams placing 1st ELEVEN TIMES at New England Regionals.
For more information, check out our brochure!
Spread the word!
Please share this information with others who would benefit from this unique opportunity!
Now Offering Online Registration
The Beantown online registration section is powered by SportsPilot and will take you to a new window. It's fast and simple. All you have to do is create a "family" account. To do so:
- Create a User ID & Password
- Select the "Family" option
- Click "Login"
- Add players
- Register for a program
- Then Pay! (Payment can be made by credit card, or bring cash or a check to the first night!)